Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I think everybody says the same thing every year, "I can't believe another year has come and gone." Well, it is so true! The older I get it seems that every year passes quicker than the year before. It's hard to believe that this time last year my baby boys were in the NICU. I remember last New Year's Eve (going to bed before midnight) telling Michael how different next year's New Year's Eve (2008) would be. Boy was I right!!!
Today Whit woke up around 8:00 this morning with Brady following him about 15 minutes later. We had breakfast, changed clothes, went to the bank and CVS. Got back from town, had lunch, changed clothes again, and headed to pick Michael up from work and went to Bass Pro Shop. Then we ate at Applebee's and the boys were both asleep before we left the parking lot. After we were home, the boys ate supper, had a bath, bottle, and went fast to sleep. No parties for us this year and I'm okay with that.
What a difference one year makes. The first day of 2008 when I wanted to see my boys, I had to go to Baptist South NICU. Jan. 1, 2009 when I want to see my boys, all I have to do is go in the next room!!! Man, what a great year this is going to be!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: