Sunday, September 28, 2008

Greenville's Homecoming

We have had an exciting two days. Thursday afternoon, we headed to the Homecoming parade. The boys' first parade!!! Michael wasn't able to go with me, so Mama Jane, so kindly, accepted the invite to help with the boys. We arrived early and let the boys take a quick nap before show time. They had a really good time. They loved watching all the people and the noise. Plus, they were being held and the center of attention. One of my coworkers also came by to see the boys so I was able to snap a few pictures.
Below is Brady with Mary Ann. Mama Jane with Whit
Friday night, we went to the game. It was so much better than the first game we attempted to go to. It was much cooler, and again we left a little early so that the boys would take a little nap on the way. Here are a few pictures of them in their Tiger outfits, of course, courtesy of Grandma Pat. What would we do without her and her sewing abilities?
Whit -left; Brady -right

This is how we get the boys to the stadium. Once we get there, we put the stroller in the ticket booth - one of the few advantages of being a teacher, I guess.
This time we were able to get some pictures of me with the boys. As you can see, they are taking it all in. Brady -left; Whit - right

I saved this one for last. While we were at the parade, a lady came by and started talking to Brady. She said, "Now are you Brady or Whitman?" It kind of shocked me because I was thinking how does she know my boys. Then she said, "Do you remember me taking care of you?" It hit me then! She was one of the nurses who took care of the boys while they were in the extended care nursery. I recognized her immediately. I guess I didn't recognize her at first because she was wearing regular clothes instead of a nurse's uniform. I was only able to get a picture of her and Brady, so this is to one of our WONDERFUL nurses who took such great care of the boys while they were in the hospital.

Brady and LaTronica (?spelling)


Thank you LaTronica! We will never forget all that you did for the boys!!!

2 comments:

The Ealum's said...

Too cute!! Maybe one of these days we will see ya'll!

Dave and Mandi said...

I love the Tigers outfits! I can't wait to see what Pat makes for the wedding!