Thursday, July 31, 2008

Work, Work, Work!!!

Well, I go back to work Monday, August 4, 2008. I'm feeling a lot of emotions about this next step in my life and the boys' lives. I knew before I was pregnant that if we ever had any children that I would have to go back to work. However, I guess I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. The past 7 months have been amazing! I have learned so much about myself that I would have never known if it weren't for those two precious little boys. I have tried to cherish each and every moment that I have with them, even the hectic and stressful times.

Even though I'm having to go back to work, I have so many things to be thankful for.
1. I am thankful that Whit & Brady are healthy and happy little boys.

2. I am thankful for having the opportunity to be a mother. There was a time that I didn't think that I would ever be one.

3. I am thankful for the time that I have had with them. Most mothers have to go back to work when the baby is only 6-8 weeks old. I have had 7 months with them. Actually, 45 of those days they were in the NICU but very thankful they did not have to stay any longer than that.

4. I am thankful that we have Mama Jane coming to my house to keep them. She loves them as if they were her own grandchildren. She takes pictures and videos them all the time. Most importantly, she loves and spoils them rotten!

5. I am thankful for my family and friends and their continuous support.


Michael has reminded me, on more than one occasion, that I can do this. As he has said, if I have been able to get through all that we have had to endure, then this is just another stepping stone. I hate to admit it but he is right. I think back on all the stuff I had to go through just to get pregnant, then having to leave them in the NICU for 45 days. It has been tough, but ALL so worth it!!!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past 7 months!















3 comments:

The Ealum's said...

I just sent you an email w my comment.

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

It's hard to believe that the boys are 7 months old. I am so thankful that Jana made me aware of you guys and that I was able to meet you while you were with us.
I am so jealous that you were able to be off so long. I hope that your transition back to work is smooth. That is one day that I am already regreting and Evan is not even here yet! I love the pictures!!

Lacey said...

Hang in there! I will be thinking about you! I start back to work on the 12th and the students start on the 14th. Whit and Brady are in good hands! :)